A picture is worth a thousand words!
dgb (David)
2024-03-12 23:34:33 UTC
For those who have never seen the image:-

Anyone got the gear (Topaz?) to make the image clear again?

Just wonderin'!
David
Kelly Phillips
2024-03-13 02:22:32 UTC
https://i.ibb.co/RcVFxVb/Screenshot-2024-03-12-at-23-23-14.jpg
Anyone got the gear (Topaz?) to make the image clear again?
Just wonderin'!
Stalking right out in the open, while claiming you're not a stalker. We see you,
Arnie.
Hawker Hunter
2024-03-15 11:32:04 UTC
Post by Kelly Phillips
Post by dgb (David)
For those who have never seen the image:-
https://i.ibb.co/RcVFxVb/Screenshot-2024-03-12-at-23-23-14.jpg
Anyone got the gear (Topaz?) to make the image clear again?
Just wonderin'!
Stalking right out in the open, while claiming you're not a stalker. We see you,
Arnie.
THIS is me in a REAL Hawker Hunter!

MUCH more fun than a car or a motor bike! 😉
T i m
2024-03-15 11:57:39 UTC
On 15/03/2024 11:32, Hawker Hunter wrote:

<snip>
Post by Hawker Hunter
THIS is me in a REAL Hawker Hunter!
How come? Were you cleaning the runway and got caught up in the landing
gear?
Post by Hawker Hunter
https://i.ibb.co/hFK6L2y/51e10757457cce32960f3dc714ce1359.jpg
MUCH more fun than a car or a motor bike! 😉
I guess it depends how you determine 'fun'. Like, I'm thinking you could
have more fun with a woman in a Hillman Hunter (in those days) than you
could a Hawker Hunter. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Hawker Hunter
Not me chief! I was already married at the time!
T i m
2024-03-15 13:49:11 UTC
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by T i m
<snip>
Post by Hawker Hunter
THIS is me in a REAL Hawker Hunter!
How come? Were you cleaning the runway and got caught up in the
landing gear?
I was the pilot.
Is that how you remember it ... ?
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by T i m
Post by Hawker Hunter
https://i.ibb.co/hFK6L2y/51e10757457cce32960f3dc714ce1359.jpg
MUCH more fun than a car or a motor bike! 😉
I guess it depends how you determine 'fun'. Like, I'm thinking you
could have more fun with a woman in a Hillman Hunter (in those days)
than you could a Hawker Hunter. ;-)
Not me chief! I was already married at the time!
Ah, so, for you that sort of thing is restricted to bed once a month
with the lights off?

I can tell you it's as impossible in a Messerschmitt KR200 as it's
likely to be in a Hawker Hunter.

Cheers, T i m
Kelly Phillips
2024-03-15 21:20:27 UTC
Post by Hawker Hunter
Post by Kelly Phillips
Post by dgb (David)
For those who have never seen the image:-
https://i.ibb.co/RcVFxVb/Screenshot-2024-03-12-at-23-23-14.jpg
Anyone got the gear (Topaz?) to make the image clear again?
Just wonderin'!
Stalking right out in the open, while claiming you're not a stalker. We see you,
Arnie.
THIS is me in a REAL Hawker Hunter!
You're busted trying to change the topic. At least you didn't stupidly try to
deny that you're a stalker.

T i m
2024-03-13 11:25:56 UTC
Post by dgb (David)
For those who have never seen the image:-
https://i.ibb.co/RcVFxVb/Screenshot-2024-03-12-at-23-23-14.jpg
It looks like a 1977-84 BMW R100RS twinshock and solo seat but I've not
seen those wheels before? They are generally either std wired (spoked)
or alloy (snowflake), till they went to the monolever style ally wheels
85 on. The rocker covers look like they might be flat top making it the
later end of the range.

Like most BMW motorbikes it's shaft drive and sports the 'airhead' boxer
flat twin engine and unusually for a motorbike, an in-line dry single
plate clutch (like in a rwd car).

Should be good for 125mph and would return 50+ mpg when touring (not bad
for a carburetted 1000cc motorbike).

A real plus in use, especially when manoeuvring by hand is they were
also quite light (for the cc) and with the flat twin engine, a pretty
low centre of gravity.

Cheers, T i m