Very Lucky Eclipse Photo
m-m
2024-04-09 01:14:19 UTC
Somehow I caught this airplane in the frame.
This is right from the camera, no post-processing.

more here- I also caught a video with sound of the moment of totality:

http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/ecl2024.html
--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com
danny burstein
2024-04-09 01:35:46 UTC
Post by m-m
Somehow I caught this airplane in the frame.
This is right from the camera, no post-processing.
http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/DSC_9939sm.jpg
Not an eclipse, but a good photo of a plane
during an air show...

dburstein.com/images/plane-vs-speed-limit.jpg

about 3.5 megs
***@panix.com
geoff
2024-04-09 05:29:23 UTC
Post by m-m
Somehow I caught this airplane in the frame.
This is right from the camera, no post-processing.
http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/DSC_9939sm.jpg
http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/ecl2024.html
Great pix/vid.

Strong ND filter, or can still see the after-burn on the sensor ? ;- )

geoff
m-m
2024-04-09 12:08:27 UTC
Post by geoff
Post by m-m
Somehow I caught this airplane in the frame.
This is right from the camera, no post-processing.
http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/DSC_9939sm.jpg
http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/ecl2024.html
Great pix/vid.
Strong ND filter, or can still see the after-burn on the sensor ? ;- )
geoff
No filter, but the skies were hazy.
--
m-m
www.mhmyers.com
Alan Browne
2024-04-09 13:00:07 UTC
Post by m-m
Somehow I caught this airplane in the frame.
This is right from the camera, no post-processing.
http://mhmyers.com/ecl2024/DSC_9939sm.jpg
Outstanding! It's not luck if you prepared for the one and got more
than planned. (aka: luck favours the prepared).

Get it out to local news.

We had a great view here too, but I wanted to experience it, not fiddle
with gear. I did have a drone up filming towards us as darkness fell -
and light came back.

We were lucky weather wise - historic probability of 80% that it would
be overcast. Perfect clear skies instead. Unforgettable totality.
--
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”
- Charles de Gaulle.
candycanearter07